[Beautifulcanoe] Internships starting!

Peter Lewis p.lewis at aston.ac.uk
Mon Jun 13 17:13:52 BST 2016

Hi all,

It was great to see you all today. I hope you have enjoyed your first
day at Beautiful Canoe.

This email is just to reiterate the plan for the rest of the week, that
we talked about today.

**Tuesday 14th**

Your task is to obtain one item for each person to decorate their work
area. The item should represent what they hope to get out of the
internship -- their aspirations for it. You should also, as a group,
obtain a "mascot" for the team as a whole. Be prepared to talk about
this on Wednesday!

There are only two rules:

1) You must keep receipts for everything purchased, and return them to
   me, along with any leftover cash.

2) You are not required to stay together as a whole cohort all day, but
   no-one should be left on their own.

How you organise this is up to you.

**Wednesday 15th**

Daily stand-ups start at 10am! Ashley has volunteered to run the first
one, but this should become a ritual.

David Evans will be coming in to do your first coaching session. This
will start at 1pm and will be in MB552. Expect to spend the whole
afternoon on this.

As for tomorrow, Tuesday, MB404A (the room we were in today) is also
available for you to use all day.

Finally, you can use this email list: beautifulcanoe at lists.aston.ac.uk
to communicate as a team. You are are welcome to send messages to it, if
there are things you want to discuss as a whole group.

I hope you enjoy the projects!

Peter.

--
Dr. Peter R. Lewis
Lecturer in Computer Science

Aston Lab for Intelligent Collectives Engineering (ALICE)
Aston University, UK

http://prlewis.com/
http://alice.aston.ac.uk/

Aston University is now ranked 9th in the UK for Computer Science,
in The Guardian league table 2017.