[eas_cs_seminars] 10th October 2017

Luca Rossi l.rossi at aston.ac.uk
Wed Oct 4 10:55:25 BST 2017

Hi all,

Next week Diego and Tony will hold a talk/discussion on Google's Faculty
Curriculum Workshop they attended in the end of July.

The talk will be in MB231 from 3pm to 4pm (note again the unusual time -
from the next seminar we will resume the 2-3pm slot).

For more details about the talk see the text below

In July, Google invited two members of staff from several UK universities
> to their pilot of the week-long Faculty Curriculum Workshop to participate
> in a series of talks and discussions about Google's hiring process and
> working conditions, what they are looking for and how we could tweak our
> teaching to make our graduates more attractive to Google and other similar
> employers. We went there on behalf of Aston. In this talk, we will talk
> about how the week went before opening a discussion on how we could best
> benefit from the FCW conclusions by integrating Google staff into our
> teaching and events, letting students know about opportunities at Google,
> and improving our teaching in terms of project-based learning, data
> structures and problem solving.

Best,
Luca

PS: Ulysses, I can't find your aston email so I've cc'ed you using your
gmail address. If you let me know your address I'll add you to the seminars
mailing list.
--
Luca Rossi

Lecturer in Computer Science
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Aston University
Web: http://www.cs.aston.ac.uk/~rossil/ <http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~rossil/>