[eas_cs_seminars] 15th November 2016

Luca Rossi l.rossi at aston.ac.uk
Mon Nov 7 13:07:05 GMT 2016

Dear all,

On Tuesday the 15th of November Dr. David Sanderson from the University of
Nottingham will give a talk during our seminar slot (2-3pm, room MB404A)
titled "Advanced Manufacturing: An Application Domain for Adaptive Systems
Research".

Abstract

> This talk will discuss manufacturing as an application domain and some of
> the research being done at the Institute for Advanced Manufacturing at the
> University of Nottingham. The talk will be grounded in real demonstration
> scenarios designed to address industrial problems. Particular detail will
> be given to the adaptive agent-based architectural concept and an approach
> for determining the realisability (or manufacturability) of products in a
> "batch-size-of-one" situation, where each product being made in a system
> may be unique.

As always, you can find all the information on our seminars page:
https://cs.aston.ac.uk/seminars/

Please mark the date on your calendars and attend the talk. Also, I am
still looking for a speaker on the 29th of November. Since we are a fairly
research active group, I am sure most of us have some recently accepted
paper that they want to share with the rest of the group.

I would be happy to do it, but on that day I'll be in Mexico giving, in
fact, a talk. Perhaps I should book a slot for me in the next term ;)

Best,
Luca
--
Luca Rossi

Lecturer in Computer Science
School of Engineering and Applied Science
Aston University
Web: http://www.cs.aston.ac.uk/~rossil/ <http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/~rossil/>