[Beautifulcanoe] Welcome to Beautiful Canoe's summer internships!

Peter Lewis p.lewis at aston.ac.uk
Thu Jun 8 17:22:35 BST 2017

Dear Beautiful Canoeists,

I hope your exams have gone well, and you are looking forward to getting
started on your Beautiful Canoe internship next week!

This email is just to give you a bit of information about what to expect
next week. Most of the early part of next week will be taken up with
some training and induction activities, as well as getting you familiar
with the technical details of your projects.

We will start on Monday morning at 9.30am. Please come to MB218 in the
Aston Main Building, in time for a 9.30 start.

In general, we will start each day by 9.30am, when we will hold a daily
stand-up.

A couple of people have asked about dress code. There is no specific
requirement here, although please do bear in mind that you will be
meeting with clients from time to time, and will be representing us when
you do so. So, I would encourage smart casual for those times.

We have a limited number of desktop PCs available for interns to use,
however, if you have a laptop, please could you bring that to work from
instead? We find that this usually works best, as you can then set up
your development environment in the way you like best.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday morning!

Peter.

--
Dr. Peter R. Lewis

CTO, Beautiful Canoe